Polimi Residence Category: Piacenza (All)
The residence is located in the city centre. “Morigi” Residence was established by Prof. Giacomo Morigi, born in Piacenza (1783-1856), a surgeon in the city hospital. On his death, the executors of his will respected his desire to open a boarding school for “the education of young men” and purchased the Douglas Scotti da Fombio building, the present seat of the institution opened in 1869. After serving as home to a number of schools, in 1923 the building was transformed in students residence; it was also used as military hospital (1915-1919) and post-war assistance centre (1940- 1954).
The residence includes furnished single and double rooms with private bathroom, 55 places are reserved to Politecnico students. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the cafeteria inside the residence (on request). In the residence there are common rooms for entertainment and socialization of guests and a laundry room.
Beds are allocated through a competition on the basis of merit and financial requirements of the student set by the call of the Service Diritto allo Studio Universitario
The remaining beds are assigned to foreign scholarship holders of International Project, enrolled in the Master of Science taught in English.
For information and reservation get in contact to: alessandra.ciprandi(at)polimi.it
- INTERNAL TELEPHONE LINES
- INTERNET [WIFI OR USB FLASH DRIVE]
- ROOM CLEANING
- CHANGE OF LINEN